Thursday, January 13, 2011

An 11 year study.

The first memory I have of any mention of Chinese occupied Tibet is from my freshman year of high school.  I was at rehearsal for a play I was in, and the theatre had a pile of pamphlets out.  They were about a concert given by a woman named Dadon Dawadolma, a Tibetan woman who had once had a prominant career in Asia, both China and Tibet.  Then her career became in danger due to the Chinese occupation and she fled to India, then to the United States.  At the time I discovered this pamphlet, she was giving a concert to promote the freedom movement for Tibet.  I was interested, and began searching for more information.

What I found shocked me.  The abuses that have been happening in Tibet since 1949 are vicious, and many go undocumented.

I have started this blog in the hopes that more people can learn of what is going on in Tibet.

No comments:

Post a Comment